People


People


 If anything this past year has shown us how important people around us are. When we are together we form families, teams, classes, partnerships and groups - all bonding us under similar interests. As a larger group of just people, we should all be bond together and face challenges as they come. We all should be able to cherish the ones we love and do things we are passionate about. 



SiFu Wan Kam Leung

One person that will be present in this blog on many levels is our SiFu Wan Kam Leung. His voice will be heard thru the text I write about his art Practical Wing Chun and his influence will be seen in many other details as well for those who have a good eye for noticing. 





Even we are both students of our SiFu Wan Kam Leung, my husband is also his disciple for many years. And as such he is bound to Wan SiFu's legacy. He will carry Wan SiFu's Practical Wing Chun in his body, on a cellular level, and he will be teaching the art to future generations. This is a promise he made when SiFu took him as his disciple and a BaiSi student. And I tag along with great love and pride. I share a passion for martial arts and love to train with my husband. My husband is the fire and I am the ice. He is great with weapons, but amazing with his empty hands and I just love the blades. In a way, we complement each other and together we shall teach Wan Kam Leung's Practical Wing Chun as well. I may not be Wan Kam Leung's disciple on paper, but I am in my heart. 




My husband and I are traditional in many ways and respect the ways of the old world. We do not think that equality means no manners and that the world will survive if people believe they only have rights, not responsibilities. We believe that martial arts can teach people a lot about themselves and that the path to better self-esteem starts from finding respect. 

Comments

Popular Posts